The 2020 Greenwood Variety Show will be Saturday, May 16th @ 2pm
Additional questions can be sent to email@example.com
TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE! Go to https://www.showtix4u.com/ and search Greenwood to purchase. Tickets are $8/seat.
We need your help to make this years show a success. If you are interested in being on the Variety Show committee please visit the volunteer sign up genius, thanks!
5th Grade Ensemble
- Please go to membership toolkit (https://greenwoodpta.
membershiptoolkit.com/login) to pay the $10 participation fee, "Greenwood Variety Show 2020", to cover the cost of 5th grade ensemble props. You will also need to purchase this years show t-shirt as part of their costumes. T-shirts will be purchased separately directly from the manufacturer for $5. Purchasing information will be sent out later this week. The membership fee (two payments totalling $15) is required. If you need financial help please reach out to Mary (President@Greenwood-PTA.org).
- Practices are held on Thursdays from 6:30-8:30pm in the Greenwood APR. Students should plan to attend all rehearsals so that they can learn the routine. The 5th grade ensemble performs 4 times throughout the show! Please encourage your student to come to practice ready to be a good listener. Rehearsal dates are as follows:
- We need 2-3 parents to help chaperone the practices. You can sign up to help here: https://www.
- Picture day for the 5th Grade Ensemble is tentatively April 30. Costumes will be distributed to the performers on picture day to make sure that all students have the necessary pieces. We will take group pictures in each costume. Make sure to label their belongings, it's amazing how quickly things go missing!
- The show is May 16th. There is a pizza party for our 5th grade performers in the cafeteria of Sherwood High School prior to the show from 12:00-1:00pm. We will need parent chaperones during the pizza party, please let me know if you are available.
Save these dates:
-February 17: T-shirt order deadline
-March 1: Music for K-4 acts due (see below)
-March 1: Tickets for the Variety Show go on sale
-March 24th 6:30-8pm - Preview and photos at Greenwood APR (see below)
-May 12: 6-8pm - Variety Show Rehearsal at Sherwood HS
-May 16: 2pm: Variety Show at Sherwood HS.
All K-4 acts are limited to 90 seconds. Please format your music/performance to be 90 seconds or less.
- All music must be uploaded to the dropbox folder no later than March 1st.
- To upload, click here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/6PpG7252IVgZUVqZdw8N .
- Music MUST be in MP3 format. There are online websites that can help convert files to MP3.
- LABEL your MP3 file with GROUP NAME and LAST NAME of person submitting the file.
- If you have any questions, please email Lindsay at LMRinker@gmail.com.
Be sure to take pictures of your kids practicing! On the day of the show, before the show begins and during intermission a slideshow is shown with all the practice pictures from each group. Each group should submit up to 5 pictures of their groups preparing for the show. Pictures can be submitted to Mary at President@greenwood-pta.org with the subject “Variety Show Slideshow” please be sure to note your group name.
Greenroom Parent Policy:
A greenroom parent will need to be designated for each group. This individual is responsible for being a chaperone to their group during the show. You can share this task with another parent in your group. A sign up sheet will be available March 24th for you to designate who your greenroom parent will be.
Note that you will absolutely be able to watch your child perform as a chaperone.
This year there will be a combined preview and picture night (for those familiar with years past we are eliminating the double preview). The key to this transition is submitting your music in the correct format ahead of the preview night.
Preview/picture night will be March 24th. It will take place in the Greenwood APR. Closer to the date you'll receive a message with a report time for your group, please arrive on time in full costume ready for pictures so that the evening runs smoothly. Students will arrive at their report time, take pictures, and then give a quick run through of their performance with their music.
Tickets will go on sale March 1st. They will be available for purchase through Showtix for $8. You must purchase tickets ahead of time.
Program Shout-Outs and Advertising:
Show your performer your support with a message or “shout out” in this years program. Program shout-outs can be purchased for $3 by going to the Membership Toolkit store, https://greenwoodpta.membershiptoolkit.com/login.
If you have your own business we sell advertising space in the program as well! Business card ads cost $10, half page $20, and full page are $40. They can be purchased on Membership Toolkit or can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Variety Show Advertising”.
The group pictures will be taken on March 24th, they are available for purchase for $5 on Membership Toolkit https://greenwoodpta.membershiptoolkit.com/login.
T-shirts are now on sale. T-shirts cost $5 and can be purchased directly from the vendor here: https://www.bsnteamsports.com/shop/GESVS2020
*A quick note about names of performers. Names listed will be printed on this years t-shirt as well as the program. We will confirm final correct spelling before February 17th but it will be up to you to note any changes so be sure to look for the email and make sure all names have been spelled correctly!
We need your help to make this years show a success. The most urgent jobs have been added to this sign up genius, please consider helping out.