The 2020 Greenwood Variety Show will be Saturday, May 16th @ 2pm
Additional questions can be sent to email@example.com
We need your help to make this years show a success. If you are interested in being on the Variety Show committee please visit the volunteer sign up genius, thanks!
5th Grade Ensemble
- Please go to membership toolkit (https://greenwoodpta.
membershiptoolkit.com/login) to pay the $10 participation fee, "Greenwood Variety Show 2020", to cover the cost of 5th grade ensemble props. You will also need to purchase this years show t-shirt as part of their costumes. T-shirts will be purchased separately directly from the manufacturer for $5. Purchasing information will be sent out later this week. The membership fee (two payments totalling $15) is required. If you need financial help please reach out to Mary (President@Greenwood-PTA.org).
- Practices are held on Thursdays from 6:30-8:30pm in the Greenwood APR. Students should plan to attend all rehearsals so that they can learn the routine. The 5th grade ensemble performs 4 times throughout the show! Please encourage your student to come to practice ready to be a good listener. Rehearsal dates are as follows:
- We need 2-3 parents to help chaperone the practices. You can sign up to help here: https://www.
- Picture day for the 5th Grade Ensemble is tentatively April 30. Costumes will be distributed to the performers on picture day to make sure that all students have the necessary pieces. We will take group pictures in each costume. Make sure to label their belongings, it's amazing how quickly things go missing!
- The show is May 16th. There is a pizza party for our 5th grade performers in the cafeteria of Sherwood High School prior to the show from 12:00-1:00pm. We will need parent chaperones during the pizza party, please let me know if you are available.
- A greenroom parent will need to be designated for each group. This individual is responsible for being a chaperone to their group during the show. You can switch out with another parent from your group. The show is divided into two acts. During the act that your child is not performing they will be able to watch the show, with you as their chaperone, in a designated area at the back of the theatre. During the act that your child is performing they will be in a designated green room. Unfortunately for the safety of our performers we can't allow students to separate from their group and sit with their families when they aren't performing. Note that you will absolutely be able to watch your child perform as a chaperone. In fact, when they perform you get to sneak in to front row seats!
- This year there will be a combined preview and picture night (for those familiar with years past we are eliminating the double preview as has previously). It is Tuesday, March 24th and is mandatory. The key to this transition is submitting your music in the correct format ahead of the preview night. Preview/picture night will be. Closer to the date you'll receive a message with a report time, please arrive on time in full costume ready for pictures so that the evening runs smoothly.
- Program shout-outs can be purchased for $3 by going to the Membership Toolkit store, https://greenwoodpta.
- T-shirts will be on sale shortly. Cost of tshirts will be $5.