2019 Gator Raiser Color Run and Spring Fair
The 2nd annual Gator Raiser Color Run is coming up on Saturday, May 18th from at Greenwood E.S.
This year the Spring Fair will be on the same day!
Spring Fair: 1-3pm
Color Run: 3-4pm
Just follow these 2 Steps!
- To run in the Color Run: Fill out the form below and return it to your child’s teacher, OR pay online at www.myschoolanywhere.com (via the store) by April 26th to receive a free 2019 Color Run t-shirt.
- To fundraise (incentives on page 2!) Go to Greenwood’s “GetMovin” fundraising page and register http://tinyurl.com/greenwoodcolorrun2019
If a student would like to participate in the run, but cannot because of financial hardship, please contact Ms. Lee at Sandee_N_Lee@mcpsmd.org. This will be anonymous.
Color Run Details and Incentives
The Color Run will have 3 waves (the order is listed below) beginning at 3:00pm, immediately following the Spring Fair at Greenwood ES:
- Gator Tot
- Grades K-2
- Grades 3-5
- Victory Lap for top fundraisers
Remember! This is a Color Fun Run! This is NOT a race! The course is only .25 mi. (less for the Gator Tot Dash). Students, friends, and family can run, jog, do cartwheels, skip, or walk the course. Along the way, participants will be sprayed with washable color paint. At the end, we will have a DJ and COLOR SPLASH party along with a few local food trucks to enjoy. Visit the run website for more details.
How to fundraise:
- All current Greenwood students may sign up for a personal GetMovin fundraising page at: http://tinyurl.com/greenwoodcolorrun2019. (Note: Gator Tots and Buddy runners should NOT sign up for fundraising pages)
- If a student does not run, but wants to fundraise, it’s easy! They will also receive the corresponding prizes.
How to donate:
- Email your GetMovin fundraising page to friends and family to donate online
- Send money directly to Greenwood ES
- Checks made to “Greenwood PTA”
- Include the name(s) of students to credit their fundraising account
- Send to: 3336 Gold Mine Road, Brookeville, MD 20833
Gator Raiser Incentives
Register on GetMovin = Keychain
$25: Kids sunglasses
$50: Bandana (decorate at the fair!)
$75: Gator Run Accessory Kit
$100: Party with the Principal!
$200: Personalized race cape!
$300: Unlimited inflatables band
$400: Victory Paint Lap- paint or run with the teachers!
Top 5 Student Fundraisers will choose one from the following priceless experiences:
- Pull the fire alarm! (at the next scheduled drill)
- Dunk a staff member in the dunk tank at the fair
- Pick a spirit day for the WHOLE SCHOOL!
- Be Principal/Assistant Principal for a day
- Participate in the PIE FACE game at the wrap up assembly
- Select GGTV opening music
- Borrow the Principal’s chair for a day
Spring Fair events- We need your help!
What is the Greenwood Spring Fair?
It’s a really fun event, that’s what! There are bounce houses, baseball toss, other inflatables, a DJ, temporary tattoos, hair color, photo booth, grilled food, raffles, a cake walk (yum!), bake sale, and MORE!
The fair will be held May 18th from 1-3pm at Greenwood ES.
Immediately following the fair will be the Gator Raiser Color Run from 3-4pm.
Get excited, the cake walk is back! But of course WE NEED YOUR CAKES! We are looking for 30 cakes plus items for our bake sale. To sign up, please visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0E4CAAAC2EABF58-greenwood
Grade baskets for raffles:
Each Spring Fair, 1 basket is put together from donations for each grade, then they will be raffled off at the Fair for additional money for the PTA. Please see below for the theme for your grade, and any items to be donated towards your basket will be appreciated! Items can be dropped off in the main office by May 10th. Please label your item with which grade it belongs. Contact Veronica email@example.com and see below for donation ideas.
Kindergarten: “Camping is INTENTS”
- Small Charcoal grill
- Grilling accessories
- S’mores ingredients
- s’mores sticks
- Flash light
- Bug Spray
- trail mix
1st grade: “A Day at the Pool”
- Large pool bag
- Arctic cups
- beach towels
- Variety of sunscreen
- pool toys
2nd grade: “Movie night at home”
- Redbox Gift card
- Restaurant GC (for carry out)
- Reusable popcorn containers
- small blanket/pillow
- variety of candy
3rd grade: “It’s ON…Game Night”
- variety of board games
(Monopoly, uno, connect 4, Guess Who, Scattagories, Jenga, Scrabble, Cards, poker chips, pie face)
- Large basket
- assortment of candy
4th grade: “Bring out your inner artist”
- coloring books
- table easel
5th grade: “Pamper yourself in your Home Spa”
- body lotion
- body wash
- Bath bombs
- bath turban
- face masks
- nail polish
- manicure set
- oval tin tub
Please Volunteer- we’ll feed you!
Volunteers! We will need volunteers to make the Spring Fair and Color Run a success.
Adult volunteers: Please visit https://tinyurl.com/greenwoodstaff.
Each volunteer will receive 5 tickets to be used at the Spring Fair!
SSL Hours: We also have great SSL opportunities- sign up at: https://tinyurl.com/sslgatorraiser
Want to be a sponsor?
Sponsorships are available. Please contact Dawn Daly at
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
To download the sponsor letter please click the following link: Greenwood Color Run Sponsorship letter_2019