This is where we hope to answer the most common questions you might have. Have a question? Send us a message!
What is the school drop off procedure?
NEW THIS YEAR: K-2 Students will enter the building through the main doors from 8:40-8:50am and head straight to their classrooms. They will line up in the hall outside of their classrooms until 8:50 when the teachers will escort them in. Students in grades 3-5 will continue to line up on the black top prior to 8:50am when they will be escorted in the side vestibule. Starting October 1st, ALL students will enter the building through the main door starting at 8:40. Older grades will no longer wait on the black top. The parking lot directly in front of the school will remain blocked off to the public until 9:00am. All students that arrive after 9:00am need to be escorted by a parent into the building and signed in at the front office.
How do students exit the building at the end of the day?
NEW THIS YEAR: All 1-5 grade car riders will exit the building from the blacktop school exit. All 1-5 grade walkers will exit the building via the main entrance. Kindergarten students will exit from the kindergarten hall door (released to an assigned adult).
What time does school let out when it is a half day?
Half day dismissal is at 12:45pm.
What is the 2018/2019 lunch and recess schedule?
Kindergartner: Lunch 11:00-11:35am, Recess 11:35-12:10pm
1st & 3rd: Lunch 11:35-12:10pm, Recess 11:00-11:35am
2nd & 4th: Lunch 12:10-12:45pm, Recess 12:45-1:20pm
5th: Lunch 12:45-1:20pm, Recess 1:20-1:55pm
How does my child buy a school lunch?
All students are assigned a personal PIN for their "My School Bucks" account to use when checking out in the cafeteria. Be forewarned, you do not need money in this account for your child to purchase lunch. Plus side, even if your child forgets to bring lunch they can buy one. Minus side, you get a lovely bill showing you that your child has been purchasing a second lunch for months.
2018/2019 Party Guidelines
Parents/visitors/younger siblings will no longer be permitted into the building for the student Halloween and Valentines Day parties. Only pre-planned party chaperones will be allowed into Greenwood to decorate and host the party for the children.
Halloween Parade and Fall Party Information
- The parade will be on October 31st at 2:15pm, weather permitting.
- All Parents and visitors are welcome to enjoy the parade around the grounds of Greenwood.
- NO parents/visitors/younger siblings will be permitted in the building during the parade or the party afterwards.
- Pre-approved party chaperones will be allowed into Greenwood. First to decorate for the party during the classes lunch or recess, with the teachers permission. They will then exit the building for the time between decorating and the party.
- Children will be given time prior to the parade to change into their costumes. No staff are permitted to assist students in changing in or out of costumes. Students should be able to get in and out of their costume themselves.
- Look-alike weapons as part of the costume should not be brought to school.
- Scary masks or other scary accessories should not be used.
- All children can choose to participate in a Fall-themed party taking place in the gym instead of their classroom Halloween party should they prefer.
School Supply Lists
Supply lists for MCPS were posted and are available by clicking on the link below.